birding-aus

RFI Adelaide to Alice OR Darwin to Broome after Christmas

To: "" <>
Subject: RFI Adelaide to Alice OR Darwin to Broome after Christmas
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 16:04:06 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I'd like to plan a two-week trip in late December/early January with my parents
who are visiting over Christmas to either

Adelaide to Alice/Ayres Rock to see the post-rain desert/outback
or
Darwin to Broome

Obviously, the post-rain situation is something that cannot be postponed,
that's why I would favour the post-rain desert trip. However, maybe the scenery
of the Darwin/Broome trip would be more interesting for my parents. I know that
in general December/January is not the greatest time of the year for either
trip. In your experience, would any of these trips make sense at this time of
the year? Would it be too hot to see many birds/mammals? Would it be miserable
at this time of the year for my parents (who are not the youngest anymore)?

Cheers,

Nikolas