birding-aus

Eaglehawk Neck, Tasmania - Pelagic Reports 3&4 Sept 2011 - photos. TWO n

To: "rob hynson" <>, "Daniel Mantle" <>, <>, "Nikolas Haass" <>
Subject: Eaglehawk Neck, Tasmania - Pelagic Reports 3&4 Sept 2011 - photos. TWO not one CHATHAM ALBATROSS?
From: "Mike Carter" <>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 17:25:22 +1000
In my opinion, all the shots in Rob Hynson's first set of images from various
angles show a bird with very little black, on the mandibular unguis, located
along the lower edge. This is contra the second bird, three minutes later,
which consistently shows an almost wholly dark mandibular unguis. Therefore I
reckon two birds were involved as shown in Raja's images. If Raja would allow
me to download her images, I could crop and place the bills in juxtaposition to
demonstrate what I mean.

Mike Carter
30 Canadian Bay Road
Mount Eliza  VIC 3930