birding-aus

Trip report Outback SA and Alice Springs and "tickable views"

To: "'Tony Russel'" <>, <>
Subject: Trip report Outback SA and Alice Springs and "tickable views"
From: "Steve Potter" <>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 12:45:25 +0930
Dear Tony and friends.
Sorry about my perceived previous attack (attached) on David Kowalick's
outstanding report on the Alice trip etc.
My intended "tongue in cheek" rebuff of his report was maybe not so obvious.

So to clarify, David Kowalick is my mate and occasional travelling birding
partner and all around good guy!
We bird because we unashamedly enjoy it whether it has any scientific value
or not.
My post was provoked by a previous comment re the legitimacy of
"non-scientifically motivated bird study" and "un-tickable" sightings. Again
Sorry I stooped... I am now aware that this had been a long running feud
that I wish not be caught up in. I am too busy having fun.
I still wished I had gone with Dave...
Steve Potter