birding-aus

non tickable sightings

To: "Steve Potter" <>
Subject: non tickable sightings
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 21:49:10 +1000
The tickability would very much depend on varying factors such as, are the bird lifers and the rate one was paying the guide, I suppose :-)

Carl Clifford

On 07/05/2011, at 7:59 PM, Steve Potter wrote:

Hi Gang,

As someone who just posted a report with 2 - sightings, I am
assuming I am partly to blame for the question.

Yellow-throated Hanging Parrot flying at 400 miles an hour and identifiable by call/options and paid guide only, but not really seen clearly is in my
book an un-tickable sighting. Even to the surprise of the guide...

Black-thighed Falconet seen at 2 km's through Bino's and even the Guide was
uncertain.... even when all other options exhausted, I declare an
un-tickable sighting also.

My bird list, My rules!

Cheers.

Steve Potter

non tickable sightings

from [
<http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=%2Bfr
om%3Amwstephens1970%40gmail.com&idxname=birding-aus&sort=date%3Alate> Mark
William Stephens]

[Permanent
<http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/cgi-bin/mesg.cgi?a=birding-aus
&i=BANLkTimnmDiFMH%2BVA5Hy6JjFLNoKkoCj-A%40mail.gmail.com> Link] [Original
<http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/cgi-bin/extract-mesg.cgi?a=bir
ding-aus&m=2011-05&i=BANLkTimnmDiFMH%2BVA5Hy6JjFLNoKkoCj-A %40mail.gmail.com>
]

non tickable sightings

Mark William Stephens < >

Sat, 7 May 2011 16:09:29 +1000

Can anyone explain to me what an untickable sighting is? As an avid
birdwatcher of nine years,I have recently started my life list(to those of you who are feeling a little faint,sorry).I have heard this term used a few times now and am a little confused.I assume (never a good idea); it to be a bird that you are 99% sure of but not positive of.Surely this is a probable sighting,as if you know what species it is,it is tickable.I am not trying to
be pedantic,but genuinely interested.Happy birding,Mark.