birding-aus

Christmas Beetles

To: "Keith Brandwood" <>
Subject: Christmas Beetles
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 11:57:09 +1100
Keith,

Christmas Beetles have been on the decline in the Sydney area for some decades, due to woodland destruction by development. I have seen hardly any up here on the Central Coast for a few years. Also, perhaps with the amount of new growth on Eucalypts and grasses, due to the recent rains, they don't have to wander very far for a feed.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford