birding-aus

The price of Princess Parrots

To: Steve <>
Subject: The price of Princess Parrots
From: Adrian Boyle <>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 17:09:47 +0800
Hi Steve

I agree with your comments and if I had the time would have jumped at the idea.
I guess it gets down to if you want to see the bird pay the money and if you
dont be prepared to wait a long time until you do see them (If your lucky).

Regarding the $450 price there would be a lot of hidden cost im sure apart from
the ones mentioned such as permit fees, petrol, guides daily rate. This money
hopefully is then spread amongst the others in the community so all can benefit.
Insurance to take people to this area and tourist class licence may be some
things people are forgetting.

I guess the other way of looking at it is that $450 dollars is a lot cheaper
than getting caught trespassing and having to pay a fine after legal action.
From earlier postings clearly some people have unfortunately done this and have
given birders a very bad name publicly.

Cheers Adrian Boyle