birding-aus

NSW Ostriches

To: Dave Torr <>
Subject: NSW Ostriches
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 20:54:28 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for your comment, Dave!

True, it IS important to RECORD introduced species. I was just making  fun of
TICKING them, which in my opinion is a big difference. And yes,  it is
important
to record them early enough (e.g. Canada Geese at NSW's  south coast a couple
of
years ago) to be able to cope with a possibly  resulting impact on the
environment. But still, the sightings of some  Ostriches with chicks (since the
1990s) doesn't mean that they represent  a self-sustaining population.

Cheers,

Nikolas

Nikolas Haass

Sydney, NSW