birding-aus

Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest

To: <>
Subject: Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest
From: "Birdpedia - Australia Info" <>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 00:02:02 +0930
The following is a digest of Sightings Reported on Birdpedia for the period
Monday, June 14, 2010 to Sunday, June 20, 2010:

Area: SA

Date: Sunday, June 13, 2010

Location: Island Beach Kangaroo Island

Shy Albatross (Thalassarche cauta) (1)

Black-browed Albatross (Thalassarche melanophris) (1)

whilst fishing several kilometers off shore we were visited by up to 7 birds at
a time, both shy and black-browed, the birds did not hesitate to come very
close to the boat, i can give more specific details about the sightings to
anyone that is interested, please  contact me by email.

Reported by: Bill Stevenson on Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Date: Monday, June 14, 2010

Location: Ovingham

Nankeen Kestrel (Falco cenchroides) (1) Hovering to the west of my house in
Toronto St, possibly over the Gawler railway line, where the track has been
taken up and there is a lot of bare ground.

Reported by: David Cox on Monday, June 14, 2010

Date: Thursday, June 17, 2010

Location: Granite Island

Southern Boobook (Ninox boobook) (1) Seen on Granite Island, Victor Harbor,
amongst trees 100m up the slope from the end of the causeway. One White-plumed
Honeyeater  persisting with its call alerted me to the presence of the Boobook.

Reported by: Peter Gower on Friday, June 18, 2010

Date: Sunday, June 20, 2010

Location: Hindmarsh Island.

Whimbrel (Numenius phaeopus) (1) Seen from Chapel Rd, in same vicinity as
previous report.

White-bellied Sea-Eagle (Haliaeetus leucogaster) (1) First seen flying east
towards the Murray Mouth. Later found resting on a sand bar 200 metres from the
Whimbrel.

Fan-tailed Cuckoo (Cacomantis flabelliformis) (1)

Horsfield's Bronze-Cuckoo (Chrysococcyx basalis) (4)

Great Birding on Hindmarsh Island today. All four bird reported were seen from
Chapel Rd. A good variety of Raptors. Two Cuckoo variety near each other.

Very few water and sea birds but large numbers of Magpie, Little Raven, Crested
Pidgeon and Starling.  37 species in total.

Reported by: Teresa Jack on Sunday, June 20, 2010

Not a member of Birdpedia? Membership is free and gives you access to
information for over 230 countries.

To sign up go to the Birdpedia Web Site (http://www.birdpedia.com/).