birding-aus

New Zealand Storm-Petrel - Ulladulla NSW

To: "Daniel Mantle" <>, <>, <>
Subject: New Zealand Storm-Petrel - Ulladulla NSW
From: " Moorhead Family" <>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:02:09 +1000
This is a another chapter in the extraordinary reappearance of an almost forgotten bird.....I am very envious but congratulate all those who were present at both localities to see the NZ Stormie (s)...It does give the rest of us hope that , given the right sea currents and timing, further records will occur....We should also be thankful to our NZ friends who rediscovered the bird after 150 years only recently...such a sighting may have been dismissed as a strange looking other SP otherwise........Anyway, gives me a sense of hope as I go out today looking for Double-eyed (Coxen's) Fig-Parrot sites at Eurimbula NP north of Bundaberg!
Cheers and congrats once more,
Bill