birding-aus

Herdsman Lake

To: Paul Doyle <>
Subject: Herdsman Lake
From: Nigel Jackett <>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 19:48:23 +0800
Hi Paul,

I'd recommend visiting either one of the areas John mentioned. I was there
this afternoon and saw a good range of birds (59 species), including 2
Spotless Crakes (one had a red band on the right leg). Some other
interesting birds around during the last week include Wood Sandpiper,
Long-toed Stint and Glossy Ibis. Muddy margins have recently developed along
the western foreshore of the lake so check those out carefully for
crakes/rails and the odd shorebird. See below for the birds I've seen there
so far this month.

Cheers

Nigel Jackett
Scarborough, WA