birding-aus

Oriental plovers in Darwin & little stint

To: Bas Hensen <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Oriental plovers in Darwin & little stint
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 15:27:14 +0930
Hi Bas
 Not seeing Oriental Plover at the Aralia end of the street, we moved to the
grasslands over the bridge.

 I can tell the difference between Golden and Oriental having been watching
birds in the Top End for over thirty years.  And so can my companion, Rainer
Ertel, an author of books on African birds.   But if you want some proof I
can ask Rainer to send you a photo.

To anyone travelling to Africa may I recommend Rainer's new book "Vogel in
Afrika".

Kind regards

Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow
PO Box 3460 NT 0832, AUSTRALIA
Ph. 61 08 89 328306
Mobile: 04 386 50 835

Birdwatching and Indigenous tourism consultant
PhD Candidate

http://www.denisegoodfellow.com.au
http://www.earthfoot.org
http://www.ausbird.com