birding-aus

Australian Pratincole in Sydney

To: Nathan Ruser <>
Subject: Australian Pratincole in Sydney
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:19:37 +1000
G'day Nathan,

I was there from 6-7am and didn't see it either. I think it was suppose to be
on the south side of the reef near where the cliff ends and the beach starts.

There were however 4 Sooties feeding at the bottom of the track, as well as 2
Ruddy Turnstones feeding in amongst the seaweed, and quite a bit of Pelagic
action off the reef with many imm Gannetts flying over the tip of the reef, as
well as plenty of birds further out, but too far to see what type they were.

Regards,
Mark