birding-aus

Magpie attacks; check out the book "Magpie Alert" by Darryl Jones

To: <>, <>, <>
Subject: Magpie attacks; check out the book "Magpie Alert" by Darryl Jones
From: inger vandyke <>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 00:45:29 +0000
Hi Philip,
I agree and can also recommend this book on Maggie attacks.  Until I read it, I
thought my only defence towards marauding Maggies attacking me on my pushbike
was a helmet and a tennis racquet :-)  Did I just say that?
I'm not sure if it mentions any predilection towards a particular side of your
face but it does say a lot about some Maggies attacking cyclists as opposed to
walkers etc.  It was quite an amusing read.
Cheers,
Inger

Inger Vandyke

Natural History Writer and Photographer

Publicity Officer - Southern Oceans Seabird Study Association (SOSSA)

Mob:  0402 286 437

www.ingervandyke.com