birding-aus

Duck Shooting at the Western Treatment Plant

Subject: Duck Shooting at the Western Treatment Plant
From: albatross valdez <>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 20:20:59 +1000
That is really scary and upsetting. I am booked on a Melb. water bus tour
at WTP tomorrow. I thought the whole area was a sanctuary and a safe place
for the poor ducks.This will have to be cleared up with Melbourne water, as
they have obligations under The RAMSAR agreement. But the shooters, as
always. are supremely arrogant and play on the fact that there arent the
resources to police the area and stop them.

David Richardson

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 6:42 PM,  <