birding-aus

10 birds as tourism attraction

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: 10 birds as tourism attraction
From: "Tom and Mandy Wilson" <>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:40:50 +1000
Per Peter's comment, I included the Magpie not for its looks but its song (ie you 'd have to get it singing), which is pretty special and (perhaps with Kookaburra laughing) is a very Australian bush sound. How many unknowing people see the "boring" black & white Magpie without realising it possesses such a wonderful song? Per Rosemary's note, I thought about Budgies, but to get that real "wow" factor you need them in big flocks (ie in 1000s), not dribs & drabs.
Cheers
Tom Wilson