birding-aus

Any Red-necked avocets in victoria (Also Banded Stilts)

To: "John Boyce" <>, <>
Subject: Any Red-necked avocets in victoria (Also Banded Stilts)
From: "Tim Dolby" <>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 10:33:52 +1100
Hi John,

There's quite a few at the Western Treatment Plant at the moment, and they are
also at Morley Swamp in the Gippsland Lakes, Victoria Lagoon at Holland's
Landing, and there was a large flock (150+) on Hattah Lakes, Hattah-Kulkyne
National Park, last time I was there.

Also, while on the topic of the Recurvirostridae family, has anyone seen any
Banded Stilt in Victoria this year? They seem to be absent from known sites.
The last records I have are from the WTP in August 2008 and Moolap saltworks
(Geelong) in March 2008. Any feedback would be most helpful.

Cheers,

Tim