birding-aus

New species for MCG

Subject: New species for MCG
From: Andy Burton <>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 20:57:34 +1100

To me it looked like a Brown Songlark but I assumed, not being a mexican, that this would be a rarity in the middle of Melbourne.

The  Channel Nine commentators had no idea what it was.

Andy

For those watching the cricket from Melbourne's MCG this afternoon, we have
a new species for the location list.  There was only a fairly brief look,
but it certainly looked like an Australasian Pipit to me.  I didn't have the
sound on so God knows what the Channel Packer commentators called it!!

A bit more interesting than the usual Gulls and ferals.

Bob Cook