birding-aus

Common Koel? (Altona, Vic)

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Common Koel? (Altona, Vic)
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 14:15:52 +1100
I think the quality of the recording is hiding the true nature of the call.  It
was fairly loud and confident, but I agree it isn't typical.  I tried to edit
the file to mask out the other calls, but it didn't really help - not really
knowing how to do that didn't help either.

If it was a Spotted Dove then it was a hyperactive one, moving often to
locations all around me.

One reply I got mentioned that it sounded like they do often in Thailand out of
peak breeding season, so perhaps that call is uncommon down here.

Peter Shute