birding-aus

Southern Subspecies of Eastern Bristlebird north ofSydney?

To: Graham Turner <>
Subject: Southern Subspecies of Eastern Bristlebird north ofSydney?
From: L&L Knight <>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:48:08 +1000
I believe they tend to get burnt out fairly frequently.

Regards, Laurie.

On 12/11/2008, at 11:30 AM, Graham Turner wrote:

There are bristlebirds in the border ranges area of northern NSW and the Cunningham's gap area of southern Qld. There are also records in the Lismore area of former populations.

I assume this is the 'northern' subspecies.

These birds differ in that they occur in grassland under eucalypt rather than in the heath that they are normally associated with in the south. I would think they are even more threatened than the southern birds.

Cheers
Graham Turner