birding-aus

Fwd: National Swiftie/Regent search weekend

Subject: Fwd: National Swiftie/Regent search weekend
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 18:54:20 +1000
Sorry for the late notice but I've been asked to post the following information. If you're wondering what to do this weekend - here's your answer!

National Regent Honeyeater and Swift Parrot survey weekend

The second national survey weekend for Regent Honeyeaters and Swift Parrots is coming up again soon and we would love you to join us in our search for these endangered species. Put aside the weekend of the 2nd - 3rd of August (and one week either side) to look for these birds in and around your area or contact the relevant co-ordinator in your state for suggestions on where to search. The ongoing commitment of volunteers is essential to the continuing success of the Regent Honeyeater & Swift Parrot Recovery Programmes - your support is absolutely vital. Of course, if you see either of these species outside the survey period, we're still keen to hear from you; all reports of sightings (and even those searches that don't uncover the birds) provide invaluable information about the birds' movements and so help shape future recovery efforts.

The record sheet can be found at: <http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au/images/stories/current-projects/swift_regent_survey.pdf>http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au/images/stories/current-projects/swift_regent_survey.pdf (N.B. copy and paste address into your browser if your email programme has cut it into two)

Who to contact:

Victoria - Garry Cheers
NSW /Qld/ SA/ ACT - Debbie Saunders, Tiffany Mason or David Geering
Contacts:

Garry Cheers
Swift Parrot Field Officer
<>