birding-aus

Neck-banded Black Swans - and readable leg-bands

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Neck-banded Black Swans - and readable leg-bands
From: "michael norris" <>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 19:00:11 +1000
Mainly for the Melbourne area

Black Swans have been banded with neck bands (or broad leg bands with easily-read numbers) for at least two years during the study based at Albert Park. Martin O'Brien gave the URL which indicates that it has yielded interesting information on fidelity. http://uninews.unimelb.edu.au/articleid_4546.html

The main contact is Patrick-Jean Guay

He recently wrote "Please keep on sending me and my supervisor Raoul Mulder any records of Swans with either colour leg bands or neck collars".

Re Peter Shute's enquiry, I have not checked with them how they liaise with the ABBS.

Michael Norris