birding-aus

House Crow and Bulbul RFI

To: <>, <>
Subject: House Crow and Bulbul RFI
From: "Steve Potter" <>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 23:24:52 +0930
Hi John.

When I was at the playground at Dee Why to see the crow in April, The Lagoon
next to it had numbers of the Red-whiskered Bulbul flying around the bush.
So try there first?

Cheers

Steve Potter
Blackwood, South Australia

Date:  Mon, 2 Jun 2008 09:42:26 +0000

Hi John,

I hope you have a good trip.  One of the places I have seen Bulbuls most
frequently is the carpark at the surfclub, North Curl Curl.  It's just over
the
hill from Dee Why where the House Crow is.  Check both the powerlines and
the
tops of the lantana weeds.

The House Crow, when we found it was in the childrens playing park near Dee
Why
Surf Club, less than 3km from the Bulbul site.  When not around other
corvids,
it can be found skulking in the bushy trees (banksias?) surrounding the
park.

Good luck!

Inger Vandyke

Natural History Writer and Photographer

Publicity Officer - Southern Oceans Seabird Study Association (SOSSA)

Mob:  0402 286 437

www.ingervandyke.com