birding-aus

re: Land of Parrots

Subject: re: Land of Parrots
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 16:26:36 +1000
On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 03:25:15PM +1000, Lawrie Conole wrote:
> The raptor footage in the doco was something of a jumble of images and
> sounds - but the soundtrack and the picture were out of kilter quite a bit
> (Diamond Firetails shown - Zebra Finches calling; Budgies shown - Cockatiels
> calling, etc.) - confusing only if you recognise the calls!

I found the few mismatched calls quite distracting, too; a flock
of Sulphur-crested Cockatoos shown - corellas calling was another
example.

I also noticed that some of the footage of Sue Shepard on her
motorbike had been flipped so that she was riding in the same
direction as she arrived in the following shot.  Unfortunately,
the bike's fuel tank with large (reversed) brand name in centre
of view was a give away.

Overall, I thought it was a good documentary with some excellent
photography, but could have done with another 30-60 minutes.