birding-aus

of companion animals and wildlife - especially oftheendangered variety

To: "Tracey Newcombe" <>, "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: of companion animals and wildlife - especially oftheendangered variety
From: "Karen" <>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:18:06 +1100
Like Tracey, I'm also a member of both, and our very popular dog club follows the same criteria of responsible dog ownership. And while I love birds, I wouldn't be a very happy person without my dogs and our various canine pursuits (obedience, flyball and agility training and competing). While many people can live happily without 4 legged friends, I'm certainly not one of them. And I also do get a LOT of enjoyment from visiting wild birds (wedgies, nesting Buff-banded Rails, resident Choughs, corellas etc), many kangaroos & echidnas to our property - we are Land for Wildlife accredited. With a bit of care it is very easy to have both. I do realise that unfortunately not ALL dog owners think alike having recently had a heated 'issue' with a neighbour over their wandering beagle.

The Vic body is Dogs Victoria (just recently had name change from The Victorian Canine Association) It puts out a very nice monthly magazine and I think Tracey's idea is a very good one.

Cheers,
Karen Pearson.
Warrandyte Sth, Vic