birding-aus

Visiting eastern Australia

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Visiting eastern Australia
From: "Peter Collaerts" <>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:44:44 +0200
 Hello,

 At the end of the week we are coming to Australia for a 4-weeks
 birdwatching trip. We are a group of 4 Belgian birdwatchers.

 I got already a lot of help and information from a lot of Australian and
 abroad birdwatchers, but I am still searching for information for a few
 species.

 These species are Lewin's Rail, Spotless Crake, Buff-breasted,
 Red-backed and Painted Button-quail, Latham's Snipe,Yellow Rosella,
 Chestnut-breasted Cuckoo, Rufous Owl, Lesser Sooty and Sooty Owl, (I got
 already a place for Powerful Owl but a second is always welcome),
 Marbled Frogmouth, is there a Buff-breasted Paradise-Kingfisher staying
 for the winter, Regent Honeyeater, Bridled Honeyeater, Mangrove
 Honeyeater, White-streaked Honeyeater, Painted Honeyeater, Yellow Chat
 near Rockhampton (got already some info for this bird but extra info is
 always usefull), Frill-necked Monarch (split from Frilled), Tooth-billed
 Bowerbird and Golden Bowerbird.

 We are visiting the eastern side of the country. We are starting in
 Sydney with Barren Grounds and a few hours of landbase seawatching, then
 the Blue Mountains, Lamington, Sundown and Girraween NP, Brisbane area,
 Eungella NP, Cooloola NP, Athertons Tableland and up Cape York to
 Musgrave and Cairns area.
 Also tips or information about these places is very welcome.

 Kind regards,

 Peter Collaerts
 Belgium

---
Scarlet One, ADSL 6 Mbps + Telefonie, vanaf EUR 29,95...
http://www.scarlet.be/