birding-aus

Birds of the world - Recommended english names

Subject: Birds of the world - Recommended english names
From: "Dave Torr" <>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 08:52:34 +1000
I too use Clements for a world list - unfortunately it means my world list
(for Australia maintained using Clements) is different from my Aussie list
(using C&B and Birds Aus lists). (And I am NOT trying to argue which
taxonomy is "superior"!)

It used to be fairly easy to keep up with Clements as when I bought the old
book I was promised two online updates a year, which worked well for some
years (at the expense of a lot of time figuring out what it all meant!).
Alas - with his death and the coming of the new book that promise has been
forgotten so no easy way to keep up to date any more.