birding-aus

SA Shrike-tit status?

To: "Tony Russell" <>
Subject: SA Shrike-tit status?
From: Andy Burton <>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:40:02 +1000

Hi Tony,

for your info. I saw one Crested Shrike-tit near
the junction of Mathews and Dorset Vale Roads at
Scott Creek on 28th Dec. 2003; Coords  35°
03.810´    138°  39.165´.  I think  that this is
about 30 km from the centre of Adelaide and near
the Scott Creek Conservation Park.

My only SA sighting of this species.

Regards, Andy

I have to agree with JAP below. Crested Shrike-Tit is not a common bird
in SA but does get seen and reported quite frequently. There was one
reported at the Birds SA campout near Naracoorte over Easter.  The
nearest to Adelaide I've personally seen one was along Valley Rd in
Montacute Conservation Park, about 7km due east of Athelstone.

Tony.