birding-aus

pheasant coucal in suburban bris

Subject: pheasant coucal in suburban bris
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 06:20:32 -0400
hi all
today i added a pheasant coucal to our house list with a juvenile scratching
around in the front yard of our quarter acre block in suburban ascot in
brisbane. i only went to look bcs i thought one of our chooks had escaped.
we get the odd brush turkey, white-faced heron, koels, sacred kingfisher,
frogmouths (breeding), pale-headed rosellas, scaly-breasted and rainbow
lorikeets, noisy and little friarbirds, figbirds and orioles, blue-faced HEs
and even a spangled drongo now and then but this was most unexpected.
amazing what can happen when you don't cut down all your trees to put in a pool.
shane b
ascot q