birding-aus

Migrating Honeyeaters and others

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Migrating Honeyeaters and others
From: "Tom and Mandy Wilson" <>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 21:32:28 +1000
Hi all
observations from time spent outside in my garden in Turramurra (N Sydney) today: - first sightings of migrating honeyeaters heading north; several quite big groups and lots of smaller ones. Looked mostly like Yellow Faced HEs to me (the ones I looked at closely were pale brown; the White Naped HEs when they cross over are clearly white bellied). No Silvereyes heard (yet) - Brown Goshawk seen circling over the house twice in the morning. Something was making the Miners twitchy again this afternoon, but I didn't see what it was. - the evening's westward commute of Musk Lorikeets was interrupted by an approaching storm (passed over my place at about 5pm). Several groups of birds stopped and took refuge in a gum tree I can see from my deck before continuing on their way about 15 minutes later. The Miners weren't happy to see them either!
Cheers