birding-aus

Wondering Tattler at Boat Harbour, Sydney

To: Greg <>,
Subject: Wondering Tattler at Boat Harbour, Sydney
From: Tun Pin Ong <>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 05:40:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Greg,

Thanks for your feedback. Interesting to know that the scales on tarsi can be
used to differentiate it.
Unfortunately I was too busy to take photos and forgot to observe(measure) its
nasal groove through the scope.
Furthermore, this individual's bill was not too strong either.

I remembered its call most vividly the time it was frightened off when a
passer-by surfer squatted down to see it through my scope. The call was like
the link given by Bob Inglis some time ago but it was like a trill at much
faster frequency.

http://identify.whatbird.com/obj/515/_/Wandering_Tattler.aspx

However, I suppose WT do make a variety of calls.

Not sure if the Tattler is still around but tattlers are often the last to
leave for its breeding ground.

Regards,
Tun-Pin Ong