birding-aus

twitchathon

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: twitchathon
From: "kbrandwood" <>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:44:47 +1000
Hi All, In regards to the latest posting on this subject, which I raised in the
first instance, I would like to comment.1/ No one ever suggested taking the fun
out of the Twitchathon.2/ I don't know where the proof is that the Twitch,
specifically in its present form is the reason for raising funds. I would think
its the persuasiveness and tenacity of the person raising the funds that is the
main reason for raising funds. We never see the full list of teams and how much
they raise so we don't know whether its the main race teams or the other teams
that raise the funds.I also believe that ALL teams not just the ones who raised
the most funds, and the amount they raised should be more publicised. They get
little recognition currently and should receive all the accolades regardless of
the amount raised by them.
  I still maintain it is not a level playing field for those living west of the
dividing range unless one is prepared to travel huge km, this does prevent some
teams entering the main race knowing they have little chance of winning which =
loss of fund raising opportunities.
Buying carbon credits is another cost on the top of the expense of competing
and is a bit of a cop out in my opinion.

keith b the beautiful Hawkesbury 60km N/W of Sydney