birding-aus

Easter Bunny exists!

Subject: Easter Bunny exists!
From: Lynn <>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:14:55 +1000

Hi all

Easter Sunday brought me the best possible present in the form of a new bird for my life list and local area. In fact the only possible new bird for me within several hundred kilometres , excluding vagrants and an assortment of potential seabirds. Finally completing my list of Owls, Frogmouths and Nightjars.

We were on our way out to dinner at Main Creek (12kms north of Dungog NSW ) about 6.15 P.M.yesterday evening when finally after years of watching fence posts and trees whilst driving at night, checking carefully every Barn Owl in the hope that it may be a Masked Owl, there it was, a typical morph Masked Owl , slightly darker than as depicted in Pizzey & Knight, but not as dark as the Tasmanian race castanops. Yeah !! :-)

Hope Easter was good to everybody else as well

Dick Jenkin
(DUNGOG NSW, 70kms north of Newcastle)

--