birding-aus

twitchathon

To: "Mick Roderick" <>, "kbrandwood" <>, "birdingaus" <>
Subject: twitchathon
From: "Greg" <>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 11:03:29 +1000
Hi Mick et al.

I am quite comfortable with the Twitchathon as it is currently run.  We have to
acknowledge that it will generate greenhouse gases but as I said in my original
email let's keep it in perspective.  I think that Peter is a little pessimistic
as I believe that there is an increasing awareness of the need to reduce
greenhouse gases and an increased commitment.  The earth hour on Saturday night
supports this.  We all should re-assess our lifestyles throughout the year but
if we ban all fun/enjoyment we will have less support for the cause from the
broader community.  Significant reductions can be made with very little
reduction in lifestyle (or enjoyment).

Greg Clancy