birding-aus

RFI - north Victoria (possible Easter visit)

Subject: RFI - north Victoria (possible Easter visit)
From: Cheryl Ridge <>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 17:33:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hello again

We are toying with the idea of north Victoria. We may
still be having our Collie with us so any camping
would probably be restricted to state forests or 'dog
friendly' places.

Am sure I could tie in a couple of brief National Park
visits while my other half minds the dog somewhere.

So would appreciate some advice on the most
'rewarding' places to visit for birds, roughly heading
north of Melbourne and up towards the Murray. Bare in
mind that good views and photographic
opportunities are probably more important to me than
'twitching'. Our vehicle is 2wd.

Keen to hear from people who know the areas or have
visited recently - sample itineraries or any 'must do'
places are welcome.

Thankyou in advance

Cheryl Ridge
Melbourne