birding-aus

What binocular power?

To: "'Peter Shute'" <>, "'Birding-aus \(E-mail\)'" <>
Subject: What binocular power?
From: "Gregory Little" <>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:45:16 +1000
Peter

I compared 10x42 and 10x32 of a number of models in the shop for over an
hour in a range of light conditions and did not perceive any great
inconvenience in light loss by the x32 in lower light conditions, at
least for bird watching purposes. As I am only a little bloke I chose
the 10x32 and have not been disappointed one bit in three years. I also
wear glasses and do not have problems with the binoculars. The only time
I would prefer 8x binoculars is on pelagic trips where the constant
movement is a problem.

Greg Little