birding-aus

powerful owls

To: <>
Subject: powerful owls
From: "Laura & Nick Billington" <>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 16:42:55 +1100
Powerful owls have again reared 2 chicks which visit our garden most evenings
calling in that drawn out 'cricket' call. Just before Xmas my kids & I observed
the parents feeding the remains of a Ringtail possum to them - lucky kids!(both
mine & the owls!). I was worried, when earlier  last  year, I found a road kill
powerful owl on Comenara parkway, West Pymble, that this may have been one of
our birds but it seems  it wasn't. I live in Wahroonga(Campbell Drive) & I
would suggest powerful owls are consolidating if not flourishing in the north
Sydney are & more power to them as they indeed a magnificent bird. Nick
Billington.