birding-aus

Fig Parrot species

Subject: Fig Parrot species
From: "Tim Murphy" <>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:20:32 +1000
The DNA analysys for sibling species is best done with mitocondrial DNA as
it changes faster..

AS you will know, most DNA is silent (has no know biological function) and
so you can compare mtDNA in the same silent gap for many related species. It
is an oversimplification to say that <x% difference - same species, >x%
different species, but that is the rough idea.

Googel will