birding-aus

Hunter Blackbirds

To: "Mick Roderick" <>, "michael hunter" <>, <>
Subject: Hunter Blackbirds
From: "Stuart, Alan AD" <>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 08:36:26 +1000
We are getting quite a few reports of blackbirds from both the Maitland
and Cessnock areas nowadays and birds may well be resident at those
locations.  There was a resident colony of 10+ birds at Polblue in the
Barrington Tops but we haven't had any reports of them for the past
couple of years.  I don't know if that's because the birds are gone or
because people aren't going to Polblue so often.  Interestingly though,
the NPPWS have removed a lot of Scotch Broom from Polblue in the past
few years.

Alan