birding-aus

Use of birding-aus

To: "michael hunter" <>, <>
Subject: Use of birding-aus
From: "Graham Buchan" <>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:46:45 +1000
Folks,

Perhaps it would be timely if the site owner could remind us of the stated
intent of the use of birding-aus actually is. I personally have no
objections to discussions on the whole range of topics which are involved in
birding, bird habitat conservation etc.

I would have thought that the last thing we need is to shut down debate on
critical issues such as global warming, which by necessity involve
discussions on the range of energy production options, dollar economics and
cost-benefit analysis. None of the options are 'right' as all have
significant costs (both dollar and environmental) as well as benefits (both
dollar and enviornmental).

Where one has a commercial interest it should be declared, as has been the
case with Evan.

Cheers,

Graham Buchan