birding-aus

Help with a photo ID?

To: "'Penny Brockman'" <>, "'Evan Beaver'" <>
Subject: Help with a photo ID?
From: "Rex & Jan Fisher" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:15:10 +1000
Yes I had the first impression of Babbler. I suspect that the white lore
spot on the upper bird may be part of a stripe extending further back but
masked by a shadow. However the bill in the upper bird doesn't appear to
have the curved point of a Babbler but it is also covered by the branch. The
bottom one looks quite pointed. There is just something about the way they
are standing that has a Babbler jizz but I would not stake my life on it.

Regards Rex