birding-aus

Re: Here's a wicked thought. How did the G-h Lapwing get here ?

To: BIRDING-AUS <>
Subject: Re: Here's a wicked thought. How did the G-h Lapwing get here ?
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:33:08 +1000
Per the messages between Tony Russell & Mike Carter on ship assists, I agree
with Mike - short of somebody showing the bird was "boxed up" and shipped to
Burren Junction by an outside agency and without the bird's consent (eg zoo
escapee), presumably one can assume that it got there of its own free will
(albeit it is very lost) - if it has done so by being smart (or lazy?) and
taking advantage of free motive power available from another source, I think
the bird should get extra marks for saving energy!

(Maybe my view is coloured by the fact that I haven't been to see the bird
yet?).
Cheers
Tom Wilson