birding-aus

Inskip Point Kelp Gull

To: "Lynn" <>, <>
Subject: Inskip Point Kelp Gull
From: "Tim Murphy" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 08:16:15 +1000
The Woody point Kelp Gull was there in September 2002. That was the only
Kelp Gull in Queensland that I was aware of this in Millennium. I also heard
of one 10 to 15 years ago.

However,  can I please ask, are quite sure of you identification for a Kelp
Gull at Inskip. A Pacific Gull has been recorded recently at Inskip, not a
Kelp Gull. As both are quite rare in QLD, it would seem odd that  a Pacific
went as a Kelp Gull arrived.  I also find them difficult to tell apart when
they are not flying or are far away.

Best rergards

Tim Murphy
Webmaster and Sightings Officer of Birds Queensland.