birding-aus

Fowl Play

Subject: Fowl Play
From: Peter Adderley <>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:25:48 +1100
Gday,

Firstly my apologies to all that, although being a list member for some time, most times I skim the large volume of email so that I'm not sure what discussion has gone beforehand regarding the avian flu virus problem, particularly in relation to migratory birds.

I feel the following may be of interest.

"GRAIN report says global poultry industry is the root of the bird flu crisis."

See
http://www.grain.org/front/
for the brief story or read the full report:
"Fowl play - The poultry industry's central role in the bird flu crisis" at:
http://www.grain.org/go/birdflu

It's encouraging when a group (GRAIN) publishes a self-description in clear view for visitors:

GRAIN is an international non-governmental organisation which promotes the sustainable management and use of agricultural biodiversity based on people's control over genetic resources and local knowledge.

Cheers,
Peter Adderley