birding-aus

Re: Your birding vehicle

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Re: Your birding vehicle
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 19:24:30 +1000
I have responded directly to Paul Taylor and intended to CC Birding-Aus but that part of the plan failed.
Paul has been in contact with me so that part worked ok.

So here is what I wrote to Paul:
(Note: If anyone wants to comment on what I have written I suggest you correspond directly with me rather than clogging up the system with no-interest-to-anyone-else waffle.
 )

Paul,

If you would like to know why I, as a Subaru Forester owner for the last 5
years, would only
recommend one (especially a manual gearbox model) to my worst enemy contact me
directly at

For the rest of you Birding-Ausers that really care: I still own it because I
can't afford to trade
it in!
And Toyota has spoiled everything by making the RAV4 all-wheel-drive "on
demand" in the latest model
instead of "full-time" as in the previous models.
Honda has already proven in the CR-V that "on-demand" systems do not really
work very well in this
class of vehicle.

Sorry about all the non-birding c**p but it does seem that this topic has been
approved as suitable
for this forum.

Cheers from a not very cheerful

Bob Inglis
Woody Point
Queensland
Australia.

Paul Taylor said:

I'm about to buy a Subaru Forester XS, but I'm having trouble
deciding on manual vs. automatic transmission.  I'm leaning
towards the latter for convenience, but would appreciate any
feedback on real world birding experience.

Thanks.