birding-aus

Grey Grasswren Sites

To: "Janice England" <>, "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Grey Grasswren Sites
From: "Jill & Reg Oakley" <>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:28:14 +1100
Hello Janice

Last November, in respose to the Moorhead's post on Birding-aus (2/10/05) I went and checked out the site at the TennAPerra sign and I got several fleeting glimpses of a grey grasswren. We stayed at the Noccundra Hotel and made a sortie in the early morning. Good sealed road all the way.

To recap the direction to the sign: travelling west along the Adventure Highway from Thargomindah after 120k you come to the turnoff to Noccundra (heading south). Continue along the Adventure Way for 7 k from this turnoff  and you come to another intersection: the Adventure Way heads west and the Cooper Developmental Road heads north to Eromanga. Continue along the AW and the Tennaperra sign is precisely 90 k from this intersection. The bird I saw was about 200 metres down the Tennaperra Road on the left of the road. Plenty of lignum in the area.

Good luck

Reg Oakley