birding-aus

Rosellas

To: Ricki Coughlan <>
Subject: Rosellas
From: Dave Torr <>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 07:19:51 +1100
Thanks for the explanation Ricki. It is interesting that BA (and
BOCA?) seem to use the BSC concept whereas Clements and HBW use PSC. I
wonder if this is a philosophical decision on the part of BA or just
reflects that their list needs updating? Maybe someone from BA can
comment?

Another area where there is a BIG discrepancy is Albatrosses, with BA
recognising 21 species and Clements having only 13 - 2 of which (Waved
 and Laysan) are not in our area at all, so he really has only 11
species where BA have 21.