birding-aus

Re: landclearing - and the future of birds in nsw

Subject: Re: landclearing - and the future of birds in nsw
From: "Carmel Flint" <>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:30:03 +1100
If you look at the assessment methodology you will find that 'highly
modified' vegetation (ie paddock trees) has the least protection.  At
the various workshops I have been to in regard to this matter
conducted by agency staff, they have made it very clear that paddock
trees will be the element most easily cleared under the Regulation
and associated documents.

In these matters, it is often dangerous to work off drafts and other
things, because the final documents often do not reflect them.