birding-aus

cats

To: <>
Subject: cats
From: "Belles" <>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:24:03 +1100

Shirley
I am a wildlife carer and it is a shame most cat owners don't look after their cats. A cats natural instinct is to hunt a well fed one or not. I think all cat owners should have their cats in 24 hours a day or build those cages where a cat can go outside but stay confined to a cage.
All cat owners say "My cat NEVER kills birds or other things - it is too well fed" ALL cats hunt. Do you watch your cat all day long? I hope you lock the cat up at night? Being a wildlife carer I get to see what cats can do to our wildlife. Some people say "my cat got a bird/possum and there weren't any marks on the animal so I let it go!! That is very bad as even with no scratches, no wounds that animal needs urgent antibiotics. Without antibiotics that bird will die within 24 hours a possum/glider can take up to 5 days to die.

Marian