birding-aus

Swifts

To: Glassco <>, Birds Australia <>
Subject: Swifts
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:39:56 +1000 (EST)
G'day Janet and All,

Many thanks for the news on the nest box and can I also report having to duck and weave around oodles and oodles of swooping early morning feeding welcome swallows this am all along the Hastings foreshore. I've never seen so many in the one spot before ...

Cheers Janet and thanks for the double wonderful news ....

JAG gets ready for taking his course this arvo ... might give away a nest box for todays best student :^D>>> as long as I get an apple ... mac

 :^D>>>
Ooroo Anne lubtar hall

Glassco <> wrote:

On a birding day out on 13th At Eltham ( North of Alstonville, North coast NSW) 20+ Spine-tailed swifts were spiralling over head. It was a very hot morning, they vanished after about 5 minutes.

The owners of the property had placed nest boxes in the garden trees & in one box was a family of  Australian Owl-let nightjars. An adult did come to the entrance to see what we were doing, much to our delight.
Koels have arrived in this part of the North coast (NSW) & do call very, very early in the morning.
Janet