birding-aus

Entangled shoreline birds maybe?

To: BIRDING-AUS <>
Subject: Entangled shoreline birds maybe?
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 09:28:33 +1000 (EST)
Dear John Gamblin,

This message is to let you know about the 19th annual International Coastal Cleanup coming up Saturday September 18.

As someone concerned about our oceans, you likely share our concern about trash polluting our beaches and waterways, threatening the lives of birds, sea turtles, dolphins and other wildlife.

That is why we invite you to join hundreds of thousands of other concerned volunteers dedicating a few hours of one day to cleaner, safer waterways by participating in our International Coastal Cleanup - the largest (and oldest) one-day volunteer effort on behalf of the marine environment of its kind. Last year, over 450,000 International Coastal Cleanup volunteers combed 16,257 miles of coastline and removed over 7.5 million pounds of trash from the world's beaches and waterways. This
year, we're hoping for even greater success, and with your help, can make this year's International Coastal Cleanup the most successful yet!

Share a special day with family, friends and co-workers and raise awareness of the problem of pollution. Help make our oceans and waterways safe for swimming and fishing while contributing to marine debris research. Cleanups are being organized throughout the country (on inland waterways as well) and around the world. To get involved in this global event please see contact information below.

When: Saturday, September 18th
Who: Anyone can participate
Where: Beaches, rivers, and waterways across the United States
and around the World

Please register online at

or call 1-800-262-BEACH

A Quick Ocean Action Network Update:

Last week we sent you a message about an upgrade to our alert system. That upgrade process has been delayed slightly, so we
used our old system to send you this message. Please be on the
lookout for a message from our new system in the near future.

Cheers JAG can you relay on please.